Photos of the quilts are at https://www.pinterest.com/museumflhistory/the-37th-annual-capital-city-quilt-show/
Congratulations to the winners of the 37th Annual Capital City Quilt Show!
Viewer’s Choice: Iambic Pentameter by Linda O’Sullivan
1st Place: Iambic Pentameter by Linda O’Sullivan
2nd Place: Dinnerplate Dahlia by Patricia Klein
3rd Place: Hadley Square by Lillian Anthamatten
1st Place: You & Me by Betty Miller
2nd Place: Border Extravaganza by Marsha Walper
3rd Place: Happy Sewing Room by Jane Kazmer
1st Place: Blue Daze by Kathleen Gill
2nd Place: Cucamonga Star by Pam Doffek
3rd Place: Flower Dance by Cheryl Willis
1st Place: Happy Hedgehog by Christy Gregg
2nd Place: Half-Square Dance by Ellen Fournier
3rd Place: Child’s Play by Susan Skornia
1st Place: I Remember When by Karen Kunz
2nd Place: Flutterby by Christy Gregg
3rd Place: Pink Baskets by Mona Snowden
1st Place: A Happy Little Walk In The Woods by Linda Stright
2nd Place: Blustery Evening by Judith Boettcher
3rd Place: Bird On A Wire by Roberta Granville
Dates for the 2019 Annual Capital City Quilt Show
- November 9 (10 a.m. – noon) . . . Pick up quilts at the museum
About the Museum of Florida History
Museum Hours: Mon-Fri: 9–4:30; Sat 10–4:30; Sun. & holidays: 12–4:30
Admission to the Museum is free, but donations are accepted.
The museum is located in the R.A. Gray Building
500 South Bronough Street; (850) 245-6400 www.museumoffloridahistory.com
ENTRIES ARE CLOSED. INFO BELOW WILL APPLY TO THE SHOW IN 2020.
Please read this section before filling out the entry form.
NOTE ON MAXIMUM SIZE: Because of water-intrusion issues, the museum cannot hang king-size quilts. The size limit is 10,000 square inches. (Measure carefully before you start sewing on a hanging sleeve, etc.)
PREPARING YOUR QUILT FOR THE SHOW
- Sew on a hanging sleeve that will allow for the thickness of the board used to hang it at the Museum. (Click HERE for instructions.)
- Sew a label on the back of your quilt, showing the following:
Made by (your name) OR Made and quilted by (if you did both)
Title of the Quilt
Quilted by (if different from maker)
- Put your name and phone number on a pillowcase to protect the quilt.
- Make sure your quilt is free of loose threads, hairs, dust etc. (lint roller / airing in a dryer).
- Bring your labeled quilt to the museum in the pillowcase.
Notes for online entries:
1. If you are entering more than one quilt, clear your browser between entries. (Some browsers have been causing problems on a second entry.)
2. If you want someone to help you with your entry, please ask at a Guild meeting (and review the paper version of the entry form at the very bottom of this page).
3. When your entry is complete, you will receive a confirmation first on the webpage itself (you will see the form completed with the information you just entered) and you will also be sent an email. Check your Spam folder — the sender will be “Quilters Unlimited.” If you don’t find it, please check with Sue Isaac.
THE DEADLINE HAS PASSED FOR ENTERING QUILTS IN THE 2019 MUSEUM SHOW.
You can prepare all the information needed to enter your quilt by looking at the paper version of the entry form. (Note: The paper version is only for preparation of the information needed by the person who will do the data entry for members unable to submit their entries online themselves. The data entry may be done by a friend, or a Guild member may volunteer to assist with this.)